Offering these facilities:
- Biomicroscopy (slit lamp)
- Tonometry using a Tonopen XL
- Blood pressure measurement
- Direct and Indirect Ophthalmoscopy
- Cryotherapy and Electrolysis
- Imaging including Radiography and Ultrasonography
- Wide choice of bandage contact lenses
- Magnification for corneal procedures
A 30 to 45 minute appointment is allotted for each case when a full history is taken and clinical examination carried out including mydriasis.
Following this, further investigations and/or treatment options are discussed – the relative merits and costs involved.
For urgent cases, it is usually possible to arrange a referral the same day. Most cases for investigation will have to stay at the hospital for several hours.
Ideally the pet should not be fed on the day of the referral.
You will receive a full and thorough case report including all aspects of the investigation and recommendations for treatment and monitoring usually within a week.
We are always happy to discuss any cases and give friendly advice over the phone or look at pictures you may send to us by email.
If you want to refer a case to us we can offer the following:
- Full ophthalmic exam
- Cryotherapy and electrolysis for distichiasis
- Any lid surgery (blepharoplasty – entropion, ectropion, lid shortening, nasal fold ablation, canthoplasty, mass removal…)
- Third eyelid surgery (“cherry eye”, scrolled cartilage…)
- Corneal surgery (keratotomy for indolent ulcers, keratectomy for sequestrum, severe pannus or biopsy purposes, pedicule conjunctival graft and conjunctivo-corneal transposition for deep ulcers, foreign body removal and suturing wounds…)
- Glaucoma (diagnosis and monitoring , cyclocryoablation therapy…)
- Lendectomies following anterior lens luxation
- Cataract assessment
- Management of dry eye (KCS) including parotid duct transposition
- Retro-bulbar disease (investigation and treatment)